* [9front] Unwanted EFI partition during installation
@ 2021-07-05  9:08 Rocky Hotas
From: Rocky Hotas @ 2021-07-05  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello!
I am completely new to 9front and was trying to install it on an old
32 bit laptop. After downloading `9front-8392.16c5ead832f2.386.iso',
I launched the setup using the instructions in

 <http://fqa.9front.org/fqa4.html>

In the `partdisk' step, after erasing all the existing partitions on
the hard disk, I pressed `w' and `q' and now the disk has:

esp "EFI System Partition" (550.00 MB)
plan9 "Plan 9"

After successfully completing the installation, the OS is not detected
by the laptop, which of course is not able to boot with EFI.

I repeated the installation hoping that some option to avoid EFI was
present, but I didn't manage to find it and I can no more find this
prompt:

Shall we create a blank EFI partition table (GPT)
or install traditional DOS partition table (MBR)?

How to create a traditional MBR non-EFI partition table and how to make
it bootable?

Thank you!

Rocky