From: "Lionel Fourquaux" <lionel.fourquaux@wanadoo.fr>
To: "'Markus Mottl'" <markus@oefai.at>
Cc: "'Yutaka OIWA'" <oiwa@yl.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: PCRE on Win32-VC (Re: [Caml-list] compiling PXP , OCAMLNET AND PCRE to win32)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 23:07:57 +0200	[thread overview]

OCAMLNET
> AND PCRE to win32)
>
> > ## Does someone have a good knowledge of dynamic linking in Win32?
> > ## I have almost no knowledge of it.
>
> Sorry, I don't have the slightest idea, but suppose that it is
> conceptually similar to other systems.

	Yes, but sometimes you must remember that the implementation is
very different: Unix dynamic linking is something like a delayed link.
Windows DLLs are already fully linked and use a table of pointers for
imported symbols, and the indirection is usually hidden by the C
compiler (using special attributes for these symbols).

--
  Lionel Fourquaux