@ 2000-02-20  2:12 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2000-02-20  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

After I posted the dynamic loader recently, I remembered that I programmed
something similar some time ago. It is a different and simpler approach to the
same problem. The Dl module makes the dlopen and dlsym functions of the
operating system available directly such that you can load libraries and invoke
function from the libraries, but there isn't any automatism built into the
bytecode interpreter. You have to do all yourself.

There is a generator that helps rewriting programs containing "external"
declarations into programs using the dl library.

Because such functionality may be useful until the interpreter itself is
clever enough to dynamically load libraries, I have packed a tarball
containing the module. You find it here:

	http://people.darmstadt.netsurf.de/Gerd.Stolpmann/ocaml/dl-1.0.tar.gz

The documentation can be found here:

	http://people.darmstadt.netsurf.de/Gerd.Stolpmann/ocaml/projects/dl

gerd
Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
Viktoriastr. 100
64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de (privat)
Germany

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-02-21 17:13 UTC | newest]