* OCAML 2.02 Distribution for Windows
@ 1999-03-05 20:52 David McClain
From: David McClain @ 1999-03-05 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste CAML

It appears that a mixup has occurred...

Your README file indicates that we need Tcl 8.04 in order to run the camltk
interface. However, your distrubution includes the Tk 4.1 version of
libraries. Furthermore, when attempting to create the helloworld example the
compiler complains that Module TK is undefined...

Has the library format changed between 2.01 and 2.02? Or is there really a
mixup in the distribution?

David McClain
Sr. Scientist
Raytheon Missile Systems Co.
Tucson, AZ
http://www.azstarnet.com/~dmcclain/homepage.htm

* Re: OCAML 2.02 Distribution for Windows
@ 1999-03-09 10:40 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 1999-03-09 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David McClain, Liste CAML

> It appears that a mixup has occurred...
> Your README file indicates that we need Tcl 8.04 in order to run the camltk
> interface. However, your distrubution includes the Tk 4.1 version of
> libraries.

The mix-up is in the naming of the library.  The so-called "CamlTk41"
library actually supports Tk 4.0, 4.1 and 8.0 under Unix, but only
Tk 8.0 under Windows.  One day I hope to get rid entirely of the "41"
suffix in the names of library files.

At any rate, under Windows, the CamlTk stuff was built against Tcl/Tk
8.0.4, and that's what you need to use CamlTk.

> Furthermore, when attempting to create the helloworld example the
> compiler complains that Module TK is undefined...

The following incantation works for me:

ocamlc -custom -I \ocaml\lib\camltk \
        tk41.cma helloworld.ml \
        \ocaml\lib\camltk\libcamltk41.lib \
        \tcl\lib\tk80.lib \tcl\lib\tcl80.lib

(assuming OCaml installed in \ocaml and TclTk in \tcl).

Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

- Xavier Leroy