* [Caml-list] CMA depend
@ 2002-02-15 20:05 Warp
From: Warp @ 2002-02-15 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

Usually, dependencies are between cmo / cmi, but you can also build a cma by
using :
> ocamlc -a file.ml -o file.cma
What about dependencies between this cma file and others ?
The problems here are that :
- a cma can be obtained from more than one ml
- target dependencies can be either cmo cmi OR other cma's ( when using
dynlink ).

I'm actually running a project where I have lots of modules - all dynlinked
and built with a single ML file. Thus are called 'plugins'.
I could have first compile ml to cmo and then cmo to cma , but that does not
sound very reasonable.
So I patched the ocamldep tool, adding :
+    print_dependencies (basename ^ ".cma") byt_deps;
on line 405.
Now it works fine, but I'm not sure that's the best way to do it.
Any other idea ?

BTW, the "-native" ocamldep flag can have some use, but what about a
"-bytecode" flag ?

Warp

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-02-16 19:23 UTC | newest]