* [Caml-list] OCaml Users and Developers Workshop 2019: Call for presentations
@ 2019-04-03 10:17 David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2019-04-03 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

It is my pleasure to invite submissions to the OCaml Users and
Developers Workshop 2019, which is again co-located with ICFP and will
be held on Friday 23rd August, 2019 in Berlin, Germany.

                http://ocaml.org/meetings/ocaml/2019/

           Talk proposal submission deadline: May 17th, 2019

(Please redistribute widely.)

The OCaml Users and Developers Workshop brings together the
OCaml community, including users of OCaml in industry, academia,
hobbyists and the free software community. Previous editions
have been co-located with ICFP since 2012 in Copenhagen, Boston,
Gothenburg, Nara, Oxford and last year in St Louis, following OCaml
Meetings in Paris in 2010 and 2011.

  https://icfp19.sigplan.org/home/ocaml-2019

Scope
-----

Presentations and discussions focus on the OCaml programming language
and its community. We aim to solicit talks on all aspects related to
improving the use or development of the language and its programming
environment, including, for example (but not limited to):

- compiler developments, new backends, runtime and architectures

- practical type system improvements, such as GADTs, first-class
  modules, generic programming, or dependent types

- new library or application releases, and their design rationales

- tools and infrastructure services, and their enhancements

- prominent industrial or experimental uses of OCaml, or deployments
  in unusual situations.

Presentations
-------------

The workshop is an informal meeting with no formal proceedings. The
presentation material will be available online from the workshop
homepage. The presentations may be recorded and made available at a
later date.

The main presentation format is a workshop talk, traditionally
around 20 minutes in length, plus question time, but we also
have a poster session during the workshop -- this allows to
present more diverse work, and gives time for discussion. The
program committee will decide which presentations should be
delivered as posters or talks.

Submission
----------

To submit a presentation, please register a description of the
talk (about 2 pages long) at

  https://ocaml2019.hotcrp.com/

providing a clear statement of what will be provided by the
presentation: the problems that are addressed, the solutions or
methods that are proposed.

LaTeX-produced PDFs are a common and welcome submission
format. For accessibility purposes, we ask PDF submitters to
also provide the sources of their submission in a textual
format, such as .tex sources. Reviewers may read either the
submitted PDF or the text version.

Important dates
---------------

Friday 17th May (any time zone)     Abstract submission deadline
Sunday 30th June                    Author notification
Friday 23rd August                  OCaml Workshop

ML family workshop
------------------

The ML family workshop, held on the previous day, deals with
general issues of the ML-style programming and type systems,
focuses on more research-oriented work that is less specific to
a language in particular. There is an overlap between the two
workshops, and we have occasionally transferred presentations from one
to the other in the past. Authors who feel their submission fits both
workshops are encouraged to mention it at submission time and/or
contact the Program Chairs.

Program Committee
-----------------

David Allsopp, University of Cambridge, UK
Raja Boujbel, OCamlPro, France
Timothy Bourke, INRIA, France
Simon Cruanes, Aesthetic Integration, USA
Emilio Jésus Gallego Arias, MINES ParisTech, France
Thomas Gazagnaire, Tarides, France
Ivan Gotovchits, CMU, USA
Hannes Mehnert, robur.io, Germany
Igor Pikovets, Ahrefs, Singapore
Thomas Refis, Jane Street Europe, UK
KC Sivaramakrishan, IIT Madras, India

Questions and contact
---------------------

Please send any questions to the chair:
  David Allsopp <David.Allsopp@cl.cam.ac.uk>

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml Users and Developers Workshop 2019: Call for presentations
@ 2019-04-03 10:37 ` Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2019-04-03 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Allsopp; +Cc: OCaml List

Hello David,

Berlin as location is great... good choice. :-)
The first link in your mail is not working so far.
Will it be available soon?

Best regards,
  Oliver

Quoting  David Allsopp <David.Allsopp@cl.cam.ac.uk> (snt: 2019-04-03 12:17 +0200 CEST) (rcv: 2019-04-03 12:18 +0200 CEST):

@ 2019-04-03 10:49   ` David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2019-04-03 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Oliver Bandel'; +Cc: OCaml List

Hi Oliver,

	https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/pull/1053, so you can read the Markdown sources for now!

All best,

David

@ 2019-05-02 10:39 ` David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2019-05-02 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

A reminder that the deadline for talk proposals is in just over a fortnight!

All proposals welcome - previous talks have included internship and
experience reports,
across the entire range of the language, from exotic new hardware backends
to language
features and tooling advances.

If you have any doubts about the scope of the talks, do get in touch
directly.
Additionally, if travel to the conference may be an issue, there is a budget
available
 - again, please get in touch.

https://icfp19.sigplan.org/home/ocaml-2019

David (on behalf of the PC)