* Speedup from 2.01 to 2.02
@ 1999-03-06  1:18 David McClain
From: David McClain @ 1999-03-06  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste CAML

I have just recompiled my BlurFit routine under OcamlOpt 2.02. This version
is a completely new and far more sophisticated version than the one I
developed in December in only 3 days. However, its timing is still dominated
by large numeric array operations, and I would expect no increase in
performce for those inner tight loops.

The non-numeric overhead has been measured at 0.28 sec/iteration under
OCamlOpt 2.01 and 0.6 sec/iteration for the numeric operations.

Under OcamlOpt 2.02 the same program executes in 0.85 sec/iteration, for an
apparent speedup of roughly 10% in the non-numeric OCAML overhead code.

I think this is very good indeed. But I am posting this for the benefit of
the developers who may be interested in how their changes affect real-life
programs. I would be interested to hear from others regarding the speed
improvements.

David McClain
Sr. Scientist
Raytheon Missile Systems Co.
Tucson, AZ
http://www.azstarnet.com/~dmcclain/homepage.htm

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-03-08  8:00 UTC | newest]