* abstract machine with threads
@ 2005-08-16  8:35 Frédéric Gava
From: Frédéric Gava @ 2005-08-16  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear caml-list,

I am looking for a paper which described (formally) an abstract (state)
machine (for a ML like langage) with  threads, e.g., a multi-threads ZAM or
a multi-threads CAM.

Threads are easy to understand in the case of byte or native code. But in
the case of an abstract machine (with a stack) what's happen ? Is there a
copy of the stack ? Is there two pointers on the shared stack ?

I thinks it could be interesting to have this description because once can
formally prove an equivalence between a formal semantics of ocaml with
threads, an abstract-state machine with threads and the bytecode with
threads.

Someone know where I can find it ? (a formal description of a multi-threads
abstract machine)

thanks,
Frédéric Gava

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-08-16  8:32 UTC | newest]