* [Caml-list] [Release] ocaml2: ocaml with editable line history
@ 2002-12-05  7:01 SooHyoung Oh
From: SooHyoung Oh @ 2002-12-05  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-List

I'm very pleased for my first contribution on ocaml world.
<ocaml2> is the ocaml interpreter with editable line history which
implemented using libgetline library.
Please visit http://www.taglib.co.kr/ocaml/index.html and enjoy it.

===================== Readme ==============
What is ocaml2?
    If you want to correct mistyped lines in ocaml, ocaml2 is very useful.
    It supports editable line histories using libgetline.
    See getline manuaual for more information.

Version: ocaml2 version 0.1

Prerequsite: (I tested only on these releases.)
    ocaml: version 3.06
    libgetline: version 3.9

Files:
    README - This file
    Makefile - Makefile
    getline.ml - external function declarations
    log.make - make log
    ocaml2.ml - main program
    prim_getline.c - C interface functions for libgetline

How to make:
    (0) untar and cd in the directory
        % tar zxvf ocaml2.tgz
        % cd ocaml2
    (1) edit Makefile (eg: % vi Makefile)
    I assume that "getline.h" is in /usr/local/include and
    libgetline.a in /usr/local/lib.
    (2) % make
    (3) (optional testing) % ./ocaml2
    (4) (optional installation)
        % su
        # make install

How to use:
    See getline manual. (eg. % man getline)

---
SooHyoung Oh
http://www.duonix.com

* Re: [Caml-list] [Release] ocaml2: ocaml with editable line history
@ 2002-12-05 10:20 ` Mike Potanin
From: Mike Potanin @ 2002-12-05 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-List

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, SooHyoung Oh wrote:

> I'm very pleased for my first contribution on ocaml world.
> <ocaml2> is the ocaml interpreter with editable line history which
> implemented using libgetline library.
> Please visit http://www.taglib.co.kr/ocaml/index.html and enjoy it.
The interesting effect will if evaluate code
let rec a _ = a () in Printf.printf "%s" "# " ; flush stdout; a ();;
in the ocaml2 :-).
Whether there is a way to create the new top using getline? It would be
very nice!

@ 2002-12-06  1:54 ` Jaeyoun Chung
From: Jaeyoun Chung @ 2002-12-06  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SooHyoung Oh; +Cc: Caml-List

* "SooHyoung Oh" <shoh@duonix.com> at 2002-12-05 16:01+0900
| I'm very pleased for my first contribution on ocaml world.
| <ocaml2> is the ocaml interpreter with editable line history which
| implemented using libgetline library.

  What's difference between ocaml2 and "ledit ocaml" ?

[...]

--
jay

* Re: [Caml-list] [Release] ocaml2: ocaml with editable line history
@ 2002-12-06  7:10   ` Sven Luther
From: Sven Luther @ 2002-12-06  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaeyoun Chung; +Cc: SooHyoung Oh, Caml-List

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 10:54:10AM +0900, Jaeyoun Chung wrote:

> * "SooHyoung Oh" <shoh@duonix.com> at 2002-12-05 16:01+0900
> | I'm very pleased for my first contribution on ocaml world.
> | <ocaml2> is the ocaml interpreter with editable line history which
> | implemented using libgetline library.
>
>   What's difference between ocaml2 and "ledit ocaml" ?

You don't need an external tool ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther

* Re: [Caml-list] [Release] ocaml2: ocaml with editable line history
@ 2002-12-06 11:01   ` SooHyoung Oh
From: SooHyoung Oh @ 2002-12-06 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jay; +Cc: Caml-List

I didn't realize ledit had the same function.

---
SooHyoung Oh
http://www.duonix.com