* [Caml-list] Garbage collection and threads.
@ 2001-04-02 19:46 David Brown
From: David Brown @ 2001-04-02 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm writing some bindings to zlib (compression library) and was wondering
how the garbage collector would work with threading.

The zlib library needs two buffers, one to get data from, and one to put
data in.  Is it safe to pass the result of String_val(x) into a C routine?
If I have threads running, could the garbage collector run while my C
routine is running?

Thanks,
Dave Brown

* Re: [Caml-list] Garbage collection and threads.
@ 2001-04-02 23:12 ` Vijay Chakravarthy
From: Vijay Chakravarthy @ 2001-04-02 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Brown, caml-list

Hi David,

If I'm not mistaken, there is a zlib binding in the mlswf library published
to the list a month ago.
It would be nice to have a standalone zlib binding as well, helps with
things like pdf parsing etc.

Vijay