* [Caml-list] A short history of Ocaml
@ 2004-05-15 15:37 Brian Hurt
From: Brian Hurt @ 2004-05-15 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

For a long, involved, reason, I've written a short (about 1 page) history
of Ocaml, as best as I understand it from various on-line resources.  I'd
like to get everyone's opinions on it, especially the people who were
there (please oh please check to make sure I spelled everyone's name
correct- I'm a stupid 'merkin and not used to charaters with accents,
unless they come from the south :-).  Comments on all levels- from flawed
chronology and incorrect causality to bad grammar and misspellings are
welcomed.  Don't worry about hurting my feelings.

The HTML version is here:
http://www.bogonomicon.org/bblog/ocaml-history.html

A PDF version is here:
http://www.bogonomicon.org/bblog/ocaml-history.pdf

For some reason, DocBook wants to make a 1-page article take 4 pages in
the pdf version, I'm not 100% sure why.

Thank you.

mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."
                                - Gene Spafford
Brian

* Re: [Caml-list] A short history of Ocaml
@ 2004-05-15 19:06 ` Blair Zajac
From: Blair Zajac @ 2004-05-15 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Hurt wrote:
 > For a long, involved, reason, I've written a short (about 1 page) history
 > of Ocaml, as best as I understand it from various on-line resources.  I'd
 > like to get everyone's opinions on it, especially the people who were
 > there (please oh please check to make sure I spelled everyone's name
 > correct- I'm a stupid 'merkin and not used to charaters with accents,
 > unless they come from the south :-).  Comments on all levels- from flawed
 > chronology and incorrect causality to bad grammar and misspellings are
 > welcomed.  Don't worry about hurting my feelings.
 >
 > The HTML version is here:
 > http://www.bogonomicon.org/bblog/ocaml-history.html

Good read.  I don't know if it's accurate, but what about
putting it into the Wikipedia after it gets vetted out?
Seems like a natural place for this type of review.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocaml

Best,
Blair

* Re: [Caml-list] A short history of Ocaml
@ 2004-05-15 19:58 ` Vincent Balat
From: Vincent Balat @ 2004-05-15 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

For other information, you can have a look to this:
http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~cousinea/Caml/caml_history.html

Vincent

---- Brian Hurt écrit :

 > For a long, involved, reason, I've written a short (about 1 page) history
 > of Ocaml

* [Caml-list] XML library, SOAP library and WSDL library?
@ 2004-05-15 20:12   ` Vasili Galchin
From: Vasili Galchin @ 2004-05-15 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

   I am looking to see if there already exist:

     1) a XML processing library, i.e. DOM parser

     2) I know that somebody is doing SOAP work, but
unfortunately I miplaced this mail ... oops.

     3) WSDL (Web Services Description Language)
library

Regards, Vasili

* Re: [Caml-list] XML library, SOAP library and WSDL library?
@ 2004-05-15 20:38     ` Nicolas Cannasse
From: Nicolas Cannasse @ 2004-05-15 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hello,
>
>    I am looking to see if there already exist:
>
>      1) a XML processing library, i.e. DOM parser

Xml-Light : http://tech.motion-twin.com/xml-light for parsing + DTD
handling.
You can also checks other available librairies at http://caml.inria.fr/humps

Regards,