* Re: [Caml-list] SHA1 => stdlib ?!
       [not found] <21143_1272112080_o3OCS0k4017232_20100424142747.18553coxijfxshc3@webmail.in-berlin.de>
@ 2010-04-24 13:45 ` Eric Cooper
From: Eric Cooper @ 2010-04-24 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, caml-list

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 02:27:47PM +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:
> is it planned, to also include SHA1-Hash into stdlib?

I don't know about stdlib, but the ocaml-sha library
(http://tab.snarc.org/projects/ocaml_sha/) provides Sha1 (and 256 and
512) modules with the same interface as stdlib's Digest, so they can
easily be plugged into functors, etc.

* Re: [Caml-list] SHA1 => stdlib ?!
@ 2010-04-24 14:29   ` Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2010-04-24 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Zitat von "Eric Cooper" <ecc@cmu.edu>:

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 02:27:47PM +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:
>> is it planned, to also include SHA1-Hash into stdlib?
>
> I don't know about stdlib, but the ocaml-sha library
> (http://tab.snarc.org/projects/ocaml_sha/) provides Sha1 (and 256 and
> 512) modules with the same interface as stdlib's Digest, so they can
> easily be plugged into functors, etc.
[...]

OK, thanks.

I can try this.

But easy installation via normal OCaml-diustribution
would also be fine. :)

Ciao,
    Oliver

* RE: [Caml-list] SHA1 => stdlib ?!
@ 2010-04-25  8:53     ` David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2010-04-25  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Oliver Bandel wrote:
> Zitat von "Eric Cooper" <ecc@cmu.edu>:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 02:27:47PM +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:
> >> is it planned, to also include SHA1-Hash into stdlib?
> >
> > I don't know about stdlib, but the ocaml-sha library
> > (http://tab.snarc.org/projects/ocaml_sha/) provides Sha1 (and 256 and
> > 512) modules with the same interface as stdlib's Digest, so they can
> > easily be plugged into functors, etc.
> [...]
>
> OK, thanks.
>
> I can try this.
>
> But easy installation via normal OCaml-diustribution would also be fine.
> :)

Yeah, but we all know from (too many) previous discussions on this list that
that's very unlikely to happen! The OCaml standard library happens to
support MD5 digests because the compiler uses them (they're an integral part
of the linker and dynamic loader as digests are used in .cmi files).

David