From: "Eric Newhuis" <enew@bigfoot.com>
To: "Caml" <caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Jihad
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:47:06 -0600	[thread overview]

Crusade?  Inquisition?  This is beginning to sound like a Monty Python
movie.

After reading the most excellent
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2000/12/advocacy.html#why%20i%20hate%20advocacy
I'm scared to use these terms for fear of making unintentional enemies.

BTW, I must retract my statement that Perl and C will not stand the test of
time.  After reading what I had written I could not remember what I was
really trying to say there.  Both Perl and C have clearly stood the test of
time.  (And how dare I attack my ex-girlfriends that way?  Shame on me!)  I
think I was trying to argue that everyone will one day wake up and demand
strong type checking so that they can spend less time debugging and more
time building cool stuff that works.

(You all knew that my test-of-time timeframe was several billion years,
didn't you?  ML will certainly prevail that long, right?  nudge-nudge,
wink-wink)