From: "Harry Chomsky" <harry@chomsky.net>
To: "Caml-list" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Win32 API
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:52:08 -0800	[thread overview]

For several months I've been putting together an OCaml library providing
direct access to the Win32 API.  It's a huge project that I'm sure I will
never totally finish... but I've got a good chunk of it done, and I've just
posted it at the following URL:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~hchomsky/code/ocaml-win32.zip

It requires OCaml 3.04, because it uses the module include feature in
combination with "external" declarations.

If anybody has questions or comments about this code or would like to use
it, please let me know.  I'm planning to use it in the near future to build
a tool for interactive OCaml programming, similar to an IDE in some ways.

Last time I posted this, in May, I had some concerns about memory
management.  The discussion that followed convinced me that I was doing it
wrong, and I fixed the problems according to my new understanding.  I'm
pretty sure I've gotten it right this time.