* [Caml-list] OCaml Users Group notes
@ 2011-04-15 16:29 Anil Madhavapeddy
From: Anil Madhavapeddy @ 2011-04-15 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Here's my rough 'n ready blog notes on the user group meeting today in Paris for those couldnt make it out here. It was a lot of fun, thanks to Sylvain for all the hard work organising it!

http://anil.recoil.org/2011/04/15/ocaml-users-group.html

-anil

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml Users Group notes
@ 2011-04-15 16:32 ` Hezekiah M. Carty
From: Hezekiah M. Carty @ 2011-04-15 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anil Madhavapeddy; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org> wrote:
> Here's my rough 'n ready blog notes on the user group meeting today in Paris for those couldnt make it out here. It was a lot of fun, thanks to Sylvain for all the hard work organising it!
>
> http://anil.recoil.org/2011/04/15/ocaml-users-group.html

Thank you very much for posting this!

Hez

* RE: [Caml-list] OCaml Users Group notes
@ 2011-04-16 14:59 ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2011-04-16 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Anil Madhavapeddy', caml-list

"... if only to cry into their drinks about the state of multi-core."

LOL. :-)

@ 2011-04-18 13:44   ` Anil Madhavapeddy
From: Anil Madhavapeddy @ 2011-04-18 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: caml-list

I can confirm that the only people spotted crying at the meeting were
those who heard my attempts to speak French :-)

More seriously, I'm very excited that three very talented and
otherwise very employable hackers have taken the plunge into
supporting the core OCaml distribution commercially. This makes all
the difference between a cool prototype and something that can be
upstreamed properly (and more importantly, maintained).

Sylvain's work on OASIS looks like a solid move towards replicating
the success of similar works in other languages, and Fabrice and
Thomas have concrete plans towards multicore and other features in
the core compiler.

So here's hoping that Sylvain, Fabrice and Thomas have great success
getting more sponsorship for their respective companies from other
commercial users of OCaml! Anything I can do to help, I will.

-anil

Anil Madhavapeddy                                 http://anil.recoil.org