* Vector class?
@ 1999-10-27  4:52 Mark Engelberg
From: Mark Engelberg @ 1999-10-27  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I recently discovered OCaml, and have been reading through the documentation.

Although I am familiar with many languages, I use C++ on a day-to-day basis, and have become quite attached to C++'s Standard
Template Library.  Considering the many limitations and annoyances of C++, I find STL to be an amazingly well thought out set of
collection classes and algorithms (of course, like everything else, there is room for improvement).

Whenever I look at a language for the first time, I now immediately check out the class library.  The quality of the built-in class
library is, in many respects, more important to me than the features of the language itself, because I simply don't have time to
reinvent the wheel.

I'm not quite sure yet what to think of OCaml's class library.  In particular, I was unable to find a Vector class (i.e., an
automatically resizable array).  Did I just miss it, or is it really not in there?

I'd also enjoy hearing other people's thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of the OCaml class library.

Thanks,

Mark Engelberg

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-10-28 17:10 UTC | newest]