Here is an adaptation of your script to handle both windows and unix environement. The idea is to replace call to fork with create_process. I mainly define a Win32Exe module, defining both functions execvp_to_list and execvp_redirect. The win32 users should simply open the module. Some variable were also redefined to support both cases (path separator, ...). I also had some exceptions when the call to Unix.single_write was called, so I replaced it to Unix.write in the win32 case. The rest is kept unchanged. I am adding the modified checkocaml.ml -> checkocaml_win.ml along with the Diff file: diff -w checkocaml_win.ml checkocaml.ml > conf_script.diff Please feel free to contact me if you need more precisions. Sincerely, Rabih Chaar -----Message d'origine----- De : Maxence Guesdon [mailto:maxence.guesdon@inria.fr] Envoyé : mardi 10 juin 2008 09:40 À : EL CHAAR Rabih SGAM/AI/SAM Cc : caml-list@inria.fr Objet : Re: [Caml-list] First release of Oug: reference graph from ocaml code On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:03:08 +0200 wrote: > Thanks for yor reply. > After some investigations, the tool seems to be only targetting a unix version of ocaml. Indeed. I have no Microsoft Windows. > Some things in checkocaml.ml are easy to patch, like the separator ":" or ";" according to Sys.os_type. Also the distribution generates ocamlc.exe, which fails the search in function find_in_path. > > Nevertheless, there are some calls to fork which is not supported in MSVC distrib. I didn't look more thoroughly to see if this can be patched. > > Is there a plan to deliver a portable version of the tool? Not from me, but I can integrate another contributed configuration script. Regards, Maxence Guesdon This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither Societe Generale Asset Management nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. Find out more about Societe Generale Asset Management's proposal on www.sgam.com ******** Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes par le secret professionnel. Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. Societe Generale Asset Management et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Decouvrez l'offre et les services de Societe Generale Asset Management sur le site www.sgam.fr