From: <RABIH.ELCHAAR@sgam.com>
To: <t.fischbacher@soton.ac.uk>
Cc: <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: [Caml-list] OCaml and PETSc
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:17:07 +0100	[thread overview]

We use ocaml based libraries for the pricing of some financial contracts. Some are simulation based and we use the MPI API to parallelize the simulation on our computation grid.

For the PDE part, our solvers and matrices are hand written, and aren't parallelizable. Being able to use petsc from OCAML would enable us to keep the pricing chain intact, have a richer set of solvers, matrices, and without much effort enable the use of the computation grid for our PDE pricing. We think that this will speed up the PDE pricing, and will enable us to get profit from the multi-core machines that we have.

Sincerely,
Rabih Chaar