From: "Jon Harrop" <jon@ffconsultancy.com>
To: "'caml-list'" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: AW: [Caml-list] Working Group: the future of syntax extensions in OCaml, after camlp4
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 14:01:20 -0000	[thread overview]

I worked on a commercial project written in OCaml in Q4 2012 that used
stream parsing. However, my project was to translate the whole thing into
F#...

I never used stream parsing in any commercial code I wrote myself. I did use
camlp4 quite a bit though and, I must say, the only problem I had was that
it was never finished (the docs end in "..."!). Moreover, my main practical
application of camlp4 was in using it to write parsers. Parsers written
using Camlp4 are nicer than with any other tool I have ever used. Would be a
shame if OCaml lost this or, if it did, gained the ability to write lex/yacc
in-line without having to battle with multi-stage compilation and a wide
selection of incomplete/broken build tools.

Cheers,
Jon.

Behalf