Re: [Caml-list] OcamlSpread 0.0.1 releasedImplementing crypto packages is a real pain. I wrote an implementation of DES in Java in 1996. Absolutely not interesting for me. For this kind of stuff, I think writing an oCaml wrapper on top of C library is better. > More seriously, perhaps, a well-known source of flaws is complexity. Expressing algorithms in Ocaml is often (much) less complex than in C... -- That's probably true for public key cryptography. For symmetric key crypto and hash function, the algorithms are not elegant. In companies, there is always the dilemma: make vs buy. I think the oCaml community should think about "re-implement vs wrap". I don't think the real value of oCaml programming sits at the level of the OS or the low-level libraries. Arnaud