* Wither us -pack lacking users?
@ 2004-12-27 21:40 Eric Dahlman
From: Eric Dahlman @ 2004-12-27 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Howdy,

I have a question regarding the use of -pack and any way I can patch my
way around not having it on my OS.

I am trying to get Ocamlgraph to work under Mac OSX and I am running
into problems with the -pack flag to ocamlc et al.  The problem is that
-pack is not supported due to the lack of obj_copy on my OS.  So I was
wondering is there a standard way of hacking around this deficiency?
Could I create the packed cmo manually in some way?  I suspect that
this will not work in all but the simplest of cases at the moment.

On another front what is  objcopy needed for in this context and could
it be duplicated using alternative tools for mach-o object files?

Thanks,
-Eric

* Re: [Caml-list] Wither us -pack lacking users?
@ 2005-01-01 23:44 ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2005-01-01 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Dahlman; +Cc: caml-list caml-list

Objcopy used to be distributed with macosx's developer tools but they
were broken. I think they were removed in the latest public
distribution of the developer tools.

Your problem is a known wish :

<http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs/feature%20wish?id=2634;user=guest;
selectid=2634>