From: Florian Angeletti <florian.angeletti@inria.fr>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] OCaml 4.10.0, first beta
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:36:39 +0100

Dear OCaml users,

The release of OCaml 4.10.0 is approaching. We have created
a first beta version to help you adapt your software to the new features
ahead of the release.

During our preliminary tests for this new beta, we discovered that the
recent
work towards a multicore-ready OCaml runtime introduced compatibility issues
within some opam packages, that were tweaking the runtime internals.
Most of those opam packages have been fixed, or will be soon.
Nevertheless, if you are affected by such compatibility issue, please
speak up.

The source code is available at these addresses:

  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/archive/4.10.0+beta1.tar.gz
  https://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-4.10/4.10.0+beta1.tar.gz

The compiler can also be installed as an OPAM switch with one of the
following commands.

opam switch create ocaml-variants.4.10.0+beta1
--repositories=default,beta=git+https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml-beta-repository.git

or

opam switch create ocaml-variants.4.10.0+beta1+<VARIANT>
--repositories=default,beta=git+https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml-beta-repository.git

  where you replace <VARIANT> with one of these:
    afl
    flambda
    fp
    fp+flambda

We want to know about all bugs. Please report them here:

  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/issues

Happy hacking,

-- Florian Angeletti, for the OCaml team.