* CamlIDL users & Visual Studio Integration
@ 2001-01-17 14:51 Don Syme
From: Don Syme @ 2001-01-17 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

I'm looking at using CamlIDL for some major Win32/COM programming tasks.
Faced with over 20KLOC of IDL, I am keen to modify CamlIDL to accept all
of the constructs of MIDL, even if silently ignoring all the ones it
can't cope with.  Has anyone been faced with a similar task?  e.g. has
anyone created versions of "oaidl.idl" that can be consumed by CamlIDL
1.1?

BTW, some of projects are to develop CaML, Haskell and Standard ML
plugins for the Visual Studio .NET IDE, via the Visual Studio
Integration Program
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/vsip/program.asp).  If any academic
groups would be interested in helping with this task, or in developing
other add-on plugins to Visual Studio such as static analysis tools,
then let me know - an academic licensing program for VSIP has now been
put in place.  There is also a commercial licensing program - more info
is on the website.

Cheers,
Don Syme
Microsoft Research Cambridge

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-20 15:36 UTC | newest]