Dear Ocaml Users, I wonder what differences exist between a 64 bit Linux Ocaml and a 64 bit MingW Ocaml. 64bit Windows and MingW64 are what is called LLP64, that is int and long are 32 bit and only long long, size_t and pointers are 64 bit as in 32 bit Windows. MingW has to follow this convention, otherwise it would be incompatible to the Windows headers. But 64 bit Linux tends to be LP64, that is int is 32 bit, but long is 64 bit. The Ocaml C code doesn't seem to use size abstraction types (like int32, int64), so I wonder what effect this has. Is a 64 bit MingW Ocaml somehow half 32 bit and half 64 bit as MingW C, or does it behave in the same way as a 64 bit Linux Ocaml? If MingW64 bit Ocaml is equivalent to Linux64 Ocaml, it would be interesting to know how this is done (there are a lot of longs e.g. in byterun). Best regards, Michael Intel Deutschland GmbH Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Tiffany Doon Silva Registered Office: Munich Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928