Dear Andreas, Alain, since it was already almost through, I finished the flexdll bootstrapping build (get binary flexdll - build Ocaml - build flexdll - rebuild Ocaml) with the modified flexdll sources (patch attached for reference). My build environment is Mingw64 host/target build on Cygwin64. My observations are: - Some Ocaml binaries are substantially different between the first and second build (not just different build path). Not sure if this is expected. - Menhir, CamlP4 and CamlP5 build fine with the second stage Ocaml, but I didn't test if they work. I run all my scripts with "set -o errexit", so I am quite sure that it was successful if it runs through. - lablgtk make stops essentially with the first build command make -C src world make[1]: Entering directory '/home/soegtrop/OCAML/lablgtk-2.18.3/src' ocamlc.opt -c -pp "camlp4o -impl" -impl varcc.ml4 Fatal error: cannot load shared library dllunix Reason: Invalid access to memory location. File "varcc.ml4", line 1: Error: Error while running external preprocessor Command line: camlp4o -impl "varcc.ml4" > D:\bin\cygwin64test\tmp\ocamlppa21f37 So as it looks this change results in a corrupted dllunix library. I will now try the approach suggested by Andreas. Best regards, Michael Intel Deutschland GmbH Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Tiffany Doon Silva Registered Office: Munich Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928