From: "Soegtrop, Michael" <michael.soegtrop@intel.com>
To: David Allsopp <dra-news@metastack.com>,
	"caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Flexdll circular dependency fix uses system provided flexdll.h [was: opam-cross-windows]
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 14:09:49 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear David,

I just managed now to test the flexdll dependency fix in 4.03.0 you mentioned in your post from March 15th:

>  1. Ensure FlexDLL sources are in flexdll/ in the OCaml build tree
>	1a. If you're building from a git clone, issue git submodule update --init
>	1b. If you're building from a sources tarball, issue git clone > https://github.com/alainfrisch/flexdll.git
> 2. Follow usual configuration steps in config/
> 3. make -f Makefile.nt flexdll world opt opt.opt install

It is much better than it was, but I think there is still a minor flaw in it. When compiling byterun/win32.c (from asmrun) in the make opt phase, it doesn't find flexdll.h because gcc doesn't have an -I ../flexdll. If I copy flexdll.h to a system include directory it works fine. Is it possible that you had a flexdll.h somewhere and the build took it from there rather than from the flexdll subfolder when you tried this?

Also I think specific versions of OCaml should copy specific versions of flexdll. A git clone of the trunk version might lead to unexpected effects in the future and it might be hard to reconstruct older OCaml versions later.

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich