From: "Soegtrop, Michael" <michael.soegtrop@intel.com>
To: David Allsopp <dra-news@metastack.com>,
	"caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: [Caml-list] Flexdll circular dependency fix uses system provided flexdll.h [was: opam-cross-windows]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 12:57:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear David,

> Indeed - it means you *do* have a system installation of flexdll!

You are right:

$ which flexlink
/usr/bin/flexlink

$ find /usr -name "flexdll.h"
/usr/include/flexdll.h

I was just checking the flexdll.h, and it is at a place where the mingw gcc doesn't find it, but of cause flexlink itself is in the path, so it is found by the cross build and messes it up.

The following "fixes" it:

    sed -i "s|FLEXLINK_CMD=flexlink|FLEXLINK_CMD=../flexdll/flexlink|" config/Makefile

I think the makefile should be made such, that the build local flexlink is prefered, if it is there.

One more question: how is this supposed to work with a native Cygwin build? For doing my initial native Cygwin build of ocaml, which I then use to build opam,  I use a normal configure make process, but I do it twice and build flexlink in between. I didn't find a way to convince configure that flexlink is there, when it isn't, and obviously I need to do configure before I do make. Also a make flexlink results in a "nothing to do" after configure.

    ./configure -no-shared-libs
    make world.opt
    make install
   < make + install flexlink >
    ./configure
    make world
    make opt
    make opt.opt
    make install

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich