* [Caml-list] Ocamldoc ignores section header special comments
@ 2016-07-06  9:21 Soegtrop, Michael
From: Soegtrop, Michael @ 2016-07-06  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear OCaml Users,

I started to use ocamldoc (via ocamlbuild doc.docdir/index.html). It works as expected, just it ignores all section headers (they don't appear in the generated HTML at all). I wonder what I am doing wrong here.

The syntax I am using is

(** {2 Lexer utilities} *)

One thing I didn't fully understand from the documentation is if ocamldoc generates one HTML file per module or one per ML file or both (I don't have explicit modules as yet) and how section headers are interpreted in this context. If I have more than one module in a file, do the section headers belong to the module, or the ML file or both?

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich

* Re: [Caml-list] Ocamldoc ignores section header special comments
@ 2016-07-06  9:29 ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2016-07-06  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soegtrop, Michael; +Cc: caml-list

Le mercredi, 6 juillet 2016 à 10:21, Soegtrop, Michael a écrit :
> Dear OCaml Users,
>
> I started to use ocamldoc (via ocamlbuild doc.docdir/index.html). It works as expected, just it ignores all section headers (they don’t appear in the generated HTML at all).

Which compiler version are you using ? There are various bugs in the 4.02.* line that make it unsuitable to generate documentation (directives are lost and/or stuttering documentation is generated). Use 4.01 or 4.03.

Best,

Daniel

* RE: [Caml-list] Ocamldoc ignores section header special comments
@ 2016-07-06  9:44   ` Soegtrop, Michael
From: Soegtrop, Michael @ 2016-07-06  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Bünzli; +Cc: caml-list

Dear Daniel,

> Which compiler version are you using ?

I am using 4.02.3. Thanks for the hint, I will switch to 4.03.