* [Caml-list] Re: Real Time Ocaml
@ 2004-04-17 23:40 privacy.at Anonymous Remailer
From: privacy.at Anonymous Remailer @ 2004-04-17 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> Have we tried to run Ocaml application on any real
> time os?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Erol Akarsu
>

> Please note that even standard C is not real-time: there is no
> real-time guarantee (or even specification) of the behavior of
> essential C library functions like malloc or fprintf.

OCaml could be back-ended to Giotto/Ptolemy, which outputs
compilable C code that executes in real time. The system
should be very compatible with OCaml because it is VM
based.  Actually I think there are two VMs, one is code
the other is scheduler, but the end result is C code if
you want it.

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/projects/mobies/index.htm
http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cm/

It would be COOL to run OCaml real-time!

(Sorry I am not an expert, send questions to them.)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-04-17 23:40 UTC | newest]