* [Caml-list] Re: What is this?
       [not found] <E17023Q-0007xq-00@vincent>
@ 2002-04-23 15:28 ` Vincent Foley
From: Vincent Foley @ 2002-04-23 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone explain why I see my email address in the sender field even
though I never wrote this?

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 11:18:04AM -0400, vinfoley@pop.ifrance.com wrote:
> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:50:40 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Oliver Bandel <oliver@first.in-berlin.de>
> To: John Max Skaller <skaller@ozemail.com.au>
> cc: Tim Freeman <tim@fungible.com>, willb@cs.wisc.edu, stf@apl.it,
>    caml-list@inria.fr
> Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCamlSDL
> Sender: owner-caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
>
> Tk is designed for interactive GUI-Applications. And, yes,
> it provides graphical output with the canvas-widget.
>
> But I think that OpenGL is designed for having 3D-animations
> and similar stuff, and not to put buttons on the screen,
> on which the user can click.
> And I think you have to reinvent the "button-wheel" in OpenGL.
>
> Maybe it would be a good idea to marriage OpenGL and Tk,
> so that Tk provides easy GUI-design and OpenGL provides
> powerful 3D-capabilities.
>
> Maybe there should be a GUI-Lib for OpenGL, or a 3D-canvas-
> widget for Tk (OpenGL-canvas for Tk).
>
> Ciao,
>    Oliver

---end quoted text---

--

Vincent Foley-Bourgon
Email: vinfoley@iquebec.com

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: What is this?
@ 2002-04-23 19:05   ` Will Benton
From: Will Benton @ 2002-04-23 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 10:28, Vincent Foley wrote:
> Can anyone explain why I see my email address in the sender field even
> though I never wrote this?

That's one of the deficiencies of POP.  You'll probably see it in most
(if not all) of your messages.

wb

--
Will Benton      | "Die richtige Methode der Philosophie wäre eigentlich
die: