* [Caml-list] Filename.split_extension
@ 2016-07-25 18:35 Hendrik Boom
From: Hendrik Boom @ 2016-07-25 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm trying to use split a filename with a extension into the bane abd
the extension.

I've found Filename.split_extension in
https://ocaml.janestreet.com/ocaml-core/109.07.00/doc/core/Filename.html
but it seems not to be available on the Ocaml I'm using.  Though
Filename.dirname and Filename.basename are available.

Now th documentation I used was from jandstreet.  It's entirelly
possible that "normal" Ocaml has a different library, and different
documentation.

Where should I be looking?

-- hendrik

* Re: [Caml-list] Filename.split_extension
@ 2016-07-25 18:43 ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2016-07-25 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Boom; +Cc: caml-list

Le lundi, 25 juillet 2016 à 20:35, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> Where should I be looking?

Here http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/stdlib.html

Best,

Daniel

* Re: [Caml-list] Filename.split_extension
@ 2016-07-25 19:03   ` Hendrik Boom
From: Hendrik Boom @ 2016-07-25 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 08:43:46PM +0200, Daniel Bünzli wrote:
> Le lundi, 25 juillet 2016 à 20:35, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> > Where should I be looking?
>
> Here http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/stdlib.html

I see.  There's a funcction to test for a particulat extension
(check_suffix), and functions to chop the suffix off (chop_suffix if
you know what it is and chop_extension if you don't) but none to return
the extension.

OK.  I can manage with that.

-- hendrik

> Best,
>
> Daniel

Thanks.

@ 2016-07-25 19:15     ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2016-07-25 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Boom; +Cc: caml-list

Le lundi, 25 juillet 2016 à 21:03, Hendrik Boom a écrit :

> I see. There's a funcction to test for a particulat extension
> (check_suffix), and functions to chop the suffix off (chop_suffix if
> you know what it is and chop_extension if you don't) but none to return
> the extension.

The Filename module is a little bit underpowered you might be interested in this PR:

https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/pull/669

which will be available in 4.04.

If you don't mind a dependency you could use

  http://erratique.ch/software/fpath/doc/Fpath

Best,

Daniel