On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 10:29, Lex Stein wrote: > Hi, > > A while ago I built an NFS server in OCaml (BDBFS) and the performance > stunk. It was 10x slower than the BSD in-kernel NFS server for metadata > operations. There was some speculation about what was causing this > slowness. It could have been a number of things. So in order for my > Advisor to let me continue programming in OCaml, I set out to show that it > wasn't due to the choice of OCaml. Wouldn't you expect any userspace nfs server to be much slower than the kernel-based implementation due to the overhead of all the extra context-switching? -- Miles Egan