From: skaller <skaller@users.sourceforge.net>
To: caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Ocamldoc problem
Date: 29 Aug 2004 13:13:38 +1000	[thread overview]

Using Ocamldoc to make latex files, I am getting a weird problem:

! LaTeX Error: Environment ocamldocobjectend undefined.

When I look in the generated ocamldoc.sty file:

\ProvidesPackage{ocamldoc}
              [2001/12/04 v1.0 ocamldoc support]

I can see that Latex is wrong -- here's the definition
I found in the file:

\newenvironment{ocamldocobjectend}
     {\noindent\quad\texttt{object}\ocamldocindent}
     {\endocamldocindent\vskip -\lastskip
      \noindent\quad\texttt{end}\medskip}

Here is the command I use:

ocamldoc -I src -d impldoc src/*.mli -html
ocamldoc -I src -o impldoc/flx_impl.tex src/*.mli -latex
cd impldoc
latex flx_impl.tex

Ok, now here is the WEIRD part. If I do this first:

rm impldoc/*

it all works. (Well I do get
  LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels.
but that's another issue)

I can even rerun ocamldoc:

ocamldoc -I src -o impldoc/flx_impl.tex src/*.mli -latex
latex flx_impl.tex

and it STILL works. But sometime later, it stops working :)

Clearly something left over from a previous run is
getting the way but I can't figure out what. It seems
to happen even when I 'clean' everything first --
but then when I try to do that manually the problem goes
away .. for a while.

one clue is this:

ocamldoc -I src -d impldoc src/*.mli -html
File "lpsrc/flx_bbind.ipk", line 6, characters 0-14:
Unbound module Flx_types

which is because I haven't compiled the *.ml[i] files
yet -- if I compile, then ocamldoc works.. but now
I get this again:

! LaTeX Error: Environment ocamldocobjectend undefined.

I'm quite lost! Anyone have any clue what could be happening?
Something to do with latex .aux caches?

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia