* [Caml-list] Ocamldoc problem
@ 2004-08-29  3:13 skaller
From: skaller @ 2004-08-29  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Using Ocamldoc to make latex files, I am getting a weird problem:

! LaTeX Error: Environment ocamldocobjectend undefined.

When I look in the generated ocamldoc.sty file:

\ProvidesPackage{ocamldoc}
              [2001/12/04 v1.0 ocamldoc support]

I can see that Latex is wrong -- here's the definition
I found in the file:

\newenvironment{ocamldocobjectend}
     {\noindent\quad\texttt{object}\ocamldocindent}
     {\endocamldocindent\vskip -\lastskip
      \noindent\quad\texttt{end}\medskip}

Here is the command I use:

ocamldoc -I src -d impldoc src/*.mli -html
ocamldoc -I src -o impldoc/flx_impl.tex src/*.mli -latex
cd impldoc
latex flx_impl.tex

Ok, now here is the WEIRD part. If I do this first:

rm impldoc/*

it all works. (Well I do get
  LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels.
but that's another issue)

I can even rerun ocamldoc:

ocamldoc -I src -o impldoc/flx_impl.tex src/*.mli -latex
latex flx_impl.tex

and it STILL works. But sometime later, it stops working :)

Clearly something left over from a previous run is
getting the way but I can't figure out what. It seems
to happen even when I 'clean' everything first --
but then when I try to do that manually the problem goes
away .. for a while.

one clue is this:

ocamldoc -I src -d impldoc src/*.mli -html
File "lpsrc/flx_bbind.ipk", line 6, characters 0-14:
Unbound module Flx_types

which is because I haven't compiled the *.ml[i] files
yet -- if I compile, then ocamldoc works.. but now
I get this again:

! LaTeX Error: Environment ocamldocobjectend undefined.

I'm quite lost! Anyone have any clue what could be happening?
Something to do with latex .aux caches?

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia

* Re: [Caml-list] Ocamldoc problem
@ 2004-08-30 13:42 ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2004-08-30 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: skaller; +Cc: caml-list

On 29 Aug 2004 13:13:38 +1000
skaller <skaller@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Using Ocamldoc to make latex files, I am getting a weird problem:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Environment ocamldocobjectend undefined.
>
> When I look in the generated ocamldoc.sty file:
>
> \ProvidesPackage{ocamldoc}
>               [2001/12/04 v1.0 ocamldoc support]
>
> I can see that Latex is wrong -- here's the definition
> I found in the file:
>
> \newenvironment{ocamldocobjectend}
>      {\noindent\quad\texttt{object}\ocamldocindent}
>      {\endocamldocindent\vskip -\lastskip
>       \noindent\quad\texttt{end}\medskip}
>
> Here is the command I use:
>
> ocamldoc -I src -d impldoc src/*.mli -html
> ocamldoc -I src -o impldoc/flx_impl.tex src/*.mli -latex
> cd impldoc
> latex flx_impl.tex
>
> Ok, now here is the WEIRD part. If I do this first:
>
> rm impldoc/*
>
> it all works. (Well I do get
>   LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels.
> but that's another issue)
>
> I can even rerun ocamldoc:
>
> ocamldoc -I src -o impldoc/flx_impl.tex src/*.mli -latex
> latex flx_impl.tex
>

> and it STILL works. But sometime later, it stops working :)
>
> Clearly something left over from a previous run is
> getting the way but I can't figure out what. It seems
> to happen even when I 'clean' everything first --
> but then when I try to do that manually the problem goes
> away .. for a while.

The new ocamldocobjectend environment used in ocamldoc latex output was
introduced in version 3.08.0. If you have an earlier version of ocamldoc.sty
in the directory you generate the .tex files, it is not removed by ocamldoc,
and probably does not contain the definition of ocamldocobjectend. But If
there is no such file, ocamldoc generates the default one, with the correct
definitions.

Regards,

Maxence Guesdon

* Re: [Caml-list] Ocamldoc problem
@ 2004-08-30 14:52   ` skaller
From: skaller @ 2004-08-30 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxence Guesdon; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 23:42, Maxence Guesdon wrote:

> The new ocamldocobjectend environment used in ocamldoc latex output was
> introduced in version 3.08.0. If you have an earlier version of ocamldoc.sty
> in the directory you generate the .tex files, it is not removed by ocamldoc,
> and probably does not contain the definition of ocamldocobjectend. But If
> there is no such file, ocamldoc generates the default one, with the correct
> definitions.

Arggg ... you are right. Fixed. Thanks!!

What happens is -- I delete the
old file, things work, then they stop working.

The reason is part of my build copies the old file
back in there -- but only when i trigger that
part of the build.