* [Caml-list] Error: This variant or record definition does not match that of type ... Their kinds differ.
@ 2017-08-17 13:55 Matej Kosik
From: Matej Kosik @ 2017-08-17 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

If my "b.mli" file contains the following code:

(*1*)  module rec A :
(*2*)  sig
(*3*)    type t = T1
(*4*)  end
(*5*)
(*6*)  and B :
(*7*)  sig
(*8*)    type t = A.t = T1
(*9*)  end

and I try to compile it like this:

  ocamlc -c b.ml

then I get the following error:

  File "b.mli", line 8, characters 9-26:
  Error: This variant or record definition does not match that of type A.t
         Their kinds differ.

I am wondering what does this error message mean?
What is the kind of A.t?
What is the kind of B.t?
Why are the kinds of of B.t and A.t different?

* Re: [Caml-list] Error: This variant or record definition does not match that of type ... Their kinds differ.
@ 2017-08-17 13:58 ` Matej Kosik
From: Matej Kosik @ 2017-08-17 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 08/17/2017 03:55 PM, Matej Kosik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If my "b.mli" file contains the following code:
>
> (*1*)  module rec A :
> (*2*)  sig
> (*3*)    type t = T1
> (*4*)  end