* pocengine
@ 2005-03-10 21:56 Julien Boulnois
From: Julien Boulnois @ 2005-03-10 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Bonjour,

Après avoir développé le jeu Battle For Rashitoul
(http://rashitoul.net), j'ai commencé à écrire un moteur de jeu afin
de nous faciliter la tâche de création pour nos futures réalisations.
Le moteur est écrit en Ocaml ainsi que du XML et du LUA. Après plusieurs
années de travail, une première version voit le jour avec pour exemple
un jeu de tir au pigeon. Pour plus de renseignements, voici l'adresse :
http://williamkramps.rashitoul.net/pocengine
(en français seulement pour l'instant)
Vos commentaires sont les bienvenus!

Merci

/

Hello,

After having developped the game Battle For Rashitoul (http://rashitoul.net),
I started to write a game engine to help us creating more games more easily.
The engine is written mainly in Ocaml with some XML and LUA.
After some years of work, a first working version has been released
with a sample game: duck hunt. For more information, here is the link:
http://williamkramps.rashitoul.net/pocengine
(the website is only in French for now but the code is in English)
Feedback is most welcome!

Thanks

Julien Boulnois

* Re: [Caml-list] pocengine
@ 2005-03-11  7:51 ` Christian Lindig
From: Christian Lindig @ 2005-03-11  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Boulnois; +Cc: caml-list

On Mar 10, 2005, at 10:56 PM, Julien Boulnois wrote:

> The engine is written mainly in Ocaml with some XML and LUA.

I am just curious. Are you using the C implementation of Lua? There is
also an OCaml of Lua, albeit only for Lua 2.5. I am using it for my own
projects.

http://www.cminusminus.org/code.html#luaml

-- Christian

* Re: Re: [Caml-list] pocengine
@ 2005-03-11  8:37   ` Julien Boulnois
From: Julien Boulnois @ 2005-03-11  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Lindig; +Cc: caml-list

>I am just curious. Are you using the C implementation of Lua? There is
>also an OCaml of Lua, albeit only for Lua 2.5. I am using it for my own
>projects.
>
>http://www.cminusminus.org/code.html#luaml

I'm using the very good OCaml implementation, because interaction with lua data is easier and Lua 2.5 is suffisant for our needs.

Julien Boulnois

* Re: Re: [Caml-list] pocengine
@ 2005-03-11 17:39     ` brogoff
From: brogoff @ 2005-03-11 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Boulnois; +Cc: Christian Lindig, caml-list

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Julien Boulnois wrote:
> >I am just curious. Are you using the C implementation of Lua? There is
> >also an OCaml of Lua, albeit only for Lua 2.5. I am using it for my own
> >projects.
> >
> >http://www.cminusminus.org/code.html#luaml
>
> I'm using the very good OCaml implementation, because interaction with lua data is easier and Lua 2.5 is suffisant for our needs.
>
> Julien Boulnois

I also use and like the OCaml Lua implementation. I think there is something
to the approach of having a separate simple configuration language. I'd
probably have chosen Python, but Lua and Scheme were the ones I wouldn't have
to write, and often users don't like Scheme.

One petty complaint I have is that I'm not a fan of literate programming, and
while it's just a bit of grunt work (same kind of grunt work converting SML to
OCaml :) to deliteralize it, I'd appreciate it more if it were just a plain old
OCaml source distribution.

-- Brian