On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 10:21 -0700, Ken Rose wrote: > skaller wrote: > > > > I would appreciate an officially supported variable > > length array a lot: it can't be efficiently implemented > > *without* Obj.magic. > > I must be missing something obvious. What's wrong with map? It is not efficient, it is very clumsy to use because it is an ocaml functor, and it is not imperative. I actually use Hashtables a lot, rather than Maps, simply because the type variables are instantiated automatically. In any case, the point is that each data structure has different properties and I would like a choice. Don't say 'roll your own then' because the point is that I can't: Ocaml won't let me (without magic:) -- John Skaller