On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 04:34 +0300, Jere Sanisalo wrote: > It's just that I know that I'm missing some crucial learning points about > designing software in FP manner. And games *are* close to the HW, usually. Just an aside-- but this is why most games are utter crap. The developers have no idea how to develop high level code, so they focus on weenie details of graphics, and as a result we have stunning high performance motion interfacing to the most banal rubbish I have ever seen. As time goes by things just seem to get worse. I sure hope using Ocaml can help to fix this problem, and allow the real game programmers to focus on game design -- the way they did in the days of Zork when all that pretty embellishment just wasn't possible. -- John Skaller