* CodeWiki.net Announcement
@ 2005-08-01 16:25 Jonathan Bryant
From: Jonathan Bryant @ 2005-08-01 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocaml_beginners, caml-list

Hello, everybody.

I'd like to announce a new site called CodeWiki.net.  It's intended to
be a gathering point for information programming languages, theory,
research, and paradigms, as well as software engineering.  It will also
be a place for people learning a first or a new language to go for
quality, community supported tutorials.

Right now it is basically a blank slate, with a few empty stubs in the
programming languages section.  I would greatly appreciate it if
everyone would take a look at the site an please contribute.  I know
that there are a lot of languages missing from the Programming Languages
section, so please at least make a stub for any you can think of!  If
anyone would like me to unlock any of the main pages for them, just let
me know!

Thank you so much!
--
+=*===================_OX=+
| Jonathan Bryant       |^|

"If the colleges were better, if they really had it, you would need to
get the police at the gates to keep order in the inrushing multitude.
See in college how we thwart the natural love of learning by leaving the
natural method of teaching what each wishes to learn, and insisting that
you shall learn what you have no taste or capacity for. The college,
which should be a place of delightful labour, is made odious and
unhealthy, and the young men are tempted to frivolous amusements to
rally their jaded spirits. I would have the studies elective.
Scholarship is to be created not by compulsion, but by awakening a pure
interest in knowledge. The wise instructor accomplishes this by opening
to his pupils precisely the attractions the study has for himself. The
marking is a system for schools, not for the college; for boys, not for
men; and it is an ungracious work to put on a professor."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-08-01 16:23 UTC | newest]