From: Gerd Stolpmann <info@gerd-stolpmann.de>
To: N.P.S.Sika@westminster.ac.uk
Cc: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] gtk2 compiling problem
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:50:00 +0200	[thread overview]

Am Mittwoch, den 03.08.2005, 15:32 +0100 schrieb
N.P.S.Sika@westminster.ac.uk:

> Hi everybody ,
>
> I had this problem addressed before but myself, I had to be off any computer for
> some time so I am back with the same problem.
>
> I am having trouble with compiling any gtk2 code  taken out of a tutorial of
> Tony Gale and Ian Main adapted to Ocaml by SooHyoung Oh
> ---------------------
>
> (* file: base.ml *)
>
> let main () =
>   let window = GWindow.window () in
>   window#show ();
>   GMain.Main.main ()
>
> let _ = main ()
> ----------------------
>
> it says that to compile i should do
> ocamlc -I +lablgtk2 -o base lablgtk.cma gtkInit.cmo base.ml

For GODI use

ocamlfind ocamlc -package lablgtk2 -linkpkg -o base base.ml

The path option "-I +foo" requires a certain directory layout GODI does
not use. This ocamlfind command will work for all distributions, no
matter how directories are organised.

Gerd

> but this is the error message i got
>
> -----------
> fishs-Computer:~/FYP/gtk fish$ ocamlc -I +lablgtk2 -o base lablgtk.cma gtkInit.
> cmo base.ml
> File "base.ml", line 4, characters 15-29:
> Unbound value GWindow.window
> if it is of any help i have installed
>
> gtk2 libraries via Fink
> lablgtk2 via Godi
>
> need help here guies. my final year project depends on it.
> thanks

Gerd Stolpmann * Viktoriastr. 45 * 64293 Darmstadt * Germany
gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de          http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de
Telefon: 06151/153855                  Telefax: 06151/997714