On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 11:53 +1200, Jonathan Roewen wrote: > Yes, I'm retarded. Ignore me ;-) No way .. you picked something I didn't know: > > | ':'((letter|' ')* as s) { STRING s } I check the manual .. yup, you can match subgroups like that.. How does that work??? The algorithm for handling this for a DFA is non-trivial. Any pointers to the algorithm used? Alain Frisch pointed me at some nasty papers on this, one with a regexp -> NFA conversion and the other with a NFA-> DFA conversion, but I couldn't figure out how to do the direct regexp->DFA conversion, I'd sure like to find an algorithm for that.. -- John Skaller