On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 12:17 -0400, Christopher A. Watford wrote: > > I haven't been able to get it to work with OCAMLLIB="" either, > > despite claims in the documentation that this is only needed > > under Win98 etc, it seems to be needed on XP as well, and > > it has to be correct. This is slightly nasty for my build > > scripts .. I have to calculate the correct OCAMLLIB to use > > for a given 'ocamlc/ocamlopt' and run it like > > > > env OCAMLLIB=xxxx ocamlc .... > > > > ... I'm not sure how to do that with Win32 shell CMD.EXE. > > C:\> SET OCAMLLIB=xxx > C:\> ocamlc .... Ah, but that won't work if you need to call the system() function, which requires a single line .. perhaps SET OCAMLLIB=xxx && ocamlc ... will work with CMD.EXE? > You can use SetEnvironmentVariable() with windows before your system() > calls if you would like. I didn't mention .. the scripts are Python.. :) I can use os.putenv() .. but that affects the current process too. I can also pass the environment if I use execle() but that is a superior pain .. maybe i will have to write an env.exe command for windows .. ;( -- John Skaller