* FastCGI
@ 2005-10-20 10:23 David Baelde
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: David Baelde @ 2005-10-20 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

There seems to be many (Fast)CGI implementations in OCaml around:
XCaml, CamlGI, caml-fastcgi, OCamlNet... But many seem dead, or won't
even build. I'm wondering which one should I choose, and I'd be glad
to find some examples or a good doc to start with. Any experiences ? I
hope the OCaml FastCGI community hasn't give up.

Thanks.
--
David

* Re: [Caml-list] FastCGI
@ 2005-10-20 13:08 ` Jonathan Bryant
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jonathan Bryant @ 2005-10-20 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> There seems to be many (Fast)CGI implementations in OCaml around:
> XCaml, CamlGI, caml-fastcgi, OCamlNet... But many seem dead, or won't
> even build. I'm wondering which one should I choose, and I'd be glad
> to find some examples or a good doc to start with. Any experiences ? I
> hope the OCaml FastCGI community hasn't give up.

I'm currently working on one for an in-house project I'm doing.  I can
post the source if you would like.  Currently, request and response
handling are done, cookies are done, and sessions just need a little
tweak to get them working.  The persistance of sessions works (rather
nicely I might add, I just need to rewrite them to use cookies, that is
unless someone knows off hand if there is an attribute in the HTTP
headers to start a HTTP session within the web server.  There are also
URL en/de-code functions...

The library is in pure OCaml and is (almost) purely functional.  No
libraries external to the main OCaml distribution are required.

--Jonathan

* Re: [Caml-list] FastCGI
@ 2005-10-20 13:24 ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2005-10-20 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david.baelde; +Cc: david.baelde, caml-list

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:23:41 +0200
David Baelde <david.baelde@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,

Hello,

> There seems to be many (Fast)CGI implementations in OCaml around:
> XCaml, CamlGI, caml-fastcgi, OCamlNet... But many seem dead, or won't
> even build. I'm wondering which one should I choose, and I'd be glad
> to find some examples or a good doc to start with. Any experiences ? I
> hope the OCaml FastCGI community hasn't give up.

You may have a look at Ocgi:
  http://pauillac.inria.fr/~guesdon/Tools/ocgi/

The library includes functions to retrieve arguments and environment
values. Functors can be used to create "models" of cgi handling sessions
with cookie or in parameters. A lot of useful functions are included to
send mails, escaping strings, building HTML structures (list in tables, ...).
At last, a template tool is included to make the use of forms easier
(using generated record types). This tool can also be used to create
templates for html code or even mail bodies (or any text, in fact).

Regards,

Maxence Guesdon

* Re: [Caml-list] FastCGI
@ 2005-10-20 14:38 ` Alessandro Baretta
From: Alessandro Baretta @ 2005-10-20 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david.baelde; +Cc: caml-list

David Baelde wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> There seems to be many (Fast)CGI implementations in OCaml around:
> XCaml, CamlGI, caml-fastcgi, OCamlNet... But many seem dead, or won't
> even build. I'm wondering which one should I choose, and I'd be glad
> to find some examples or a good doc to start with. Any experiences ? I
> hope the OCaml FastCGI community hasn't give up.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> David

We have more or less given up. The AS/Xcaml connects to the HTTP
client over any Netcgi compatible connector. Baretta SRL has
recently commissioned the development of a full HTTP/1.1
implementation to Gerd Stolpmann within the framework of the
Ocamlnet/Netcgi, thus eliminating the need for fastcgi.

Alex

* Re: [Caml-list] FastCGI
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-10-20 21:10 ` Eric Stokes
From: Eric Stokes @ 2005-10-20 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david.baelde; +Cc: caml-list

The fastcgi support in Ocamlnet is mature and quite stable, and it is
supported in wdialog applications.