From: skaller <skaller@users.sourceforge.net>
To: Nicolas Cannasse <ncannasse@motion-twin.com>
Cc: Alessandro Baretta <a.baretta@barettadeit.com>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Seeking exception source
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:34:55 +1100	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 19:06 +0900, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> >> At that time the best is to run your program in bytecode with debug infos
> >> using ocamlrun -b so you'll get full backtrace informations.

> > In many cases this is completely inadequate. The AS/Xcaml application
> > server, for example, cannot terminate on an uncaught exception in a
> > program module.

> Yes I agree, this is not all the time easy to get exceptions backtraces

However all of this misses what I seek, which is a way
to *manually* add backtrace information.

In addition to the annoying errors leading to Not_found
exceptions, there are other exceptions which are supposed
to be caught and sometimes leak, and in addition, there
are exceptions which are thrown when there are USER errors,
and these are caught in the top level and reported.
That's where I want the backtrace .. I want to unwind
it manually.