* [Caml-list] bytecode apps without stdlib/pervasives
@ 2005-11-15 22:45 Jonathan Roewen
From: Jonathan Roewen @ 2005-11-15 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I have a simple ML file (test.ml):

external raise : exn -> 'a = "%raise";;

raise End_of_file;;

so I can check how the compiler does things (like if predefined ocaml
symbols are still present without stdlib present), and compile as:

ocamlc -nostdlib -nopervasives test.ml, which generates a.out.

when I run it, I get error: "-bash: ./a.out: cannot execute binary
file" (btw, generates expected behabiour without those flags)

why can't it execute it? can we only use -nostdlib as long as we
provide our own pervasives module?

Jonathan