From: Gerd Stolpmann <info@gerd-stolpmann.de>
To: Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr,
	ocamlnet-devel <ocamlnet-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Ocamlnet-devel] [Caml-list] ocamlnet-2.2rc1 release candidate
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:25:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Am Montag, den 15.01.2007, 10:26 +0000 schrieb Richard Jones:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 06:32:49PM +0100, Gerd Stolpmann wrote:
> > Improvements for SunRPC applications
> >
> > It is now possible to use the SunRPC over SSL tunnels. All features are
> > available, including asynchronous messages.
>
> Gerd: Is there a way to call such SunRPC/SSL from other languages
> (specifically, from C clients using, say, libc6 or another
> implementation of SunRPC)?  In general, how compatible are
> OCamlNet-generated SunRPC servers with clients in other languages?

The SunRPC implementation sticks to the standard (there is an RFC about
it). Lex Stein used it to develop an NFSv3 server in OCaml
(http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~stein/bdbfs/). I personally connected
OCaml and Java (remotetea).

Concerning SSL: This is an extension. I don't know of any other
implementation that supports SSL - although this is straight-forward. In
libc you'd need an external program to do the SSL tunnelling on the C
side (like stunnel).

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann * Viktoriastr. 45 * 64293 Darmstadt * Germany
gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de          http://www.gerd-stolpmann.de
Phone: +49-6151-153855                  Fax: +49-6151-997714