* windows ocaml
@ 2007-06-19  5:50 skaller
From: skaller @ 2007-06-19  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi, we're having a terrible time getting ocaml to work properly
on Windows. This is with 3.09 native build.

1. ocamlc makes a bytecode file without an extension, which
cannot be executed. Ocamlopt adds '.exe'. This is inconsistent.

2. ocamlc makes a bytecode file which, when you add .exe
to the end can't exec ocamlrun .. even though it is in the PATH.
ocamlrun filename works fine.

The way our build scripts are set up, we assume the generated
file from a link step is executable (as for native code compiler).
For transparency, the generated bytecode must use the same filename
(.exe must be added) and the bytecode must actually run.

It looks like the bytecode is binding the wrong ocamlrun location,
if the bytecode file is copied to the same directory as contains
ocamlrun, it runs .. otherwise it fails.