* cut down camldep
@ 2007-09-28 15:36 skaller
From: skaller @ 2007-09-28 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I wonder if there is some hope of an 'camldep' program which,
given a file x.ml(i) lists the modules on which it depends
but not provided internally.

Possibly this can be done in camlp4?

What I do not want is grubby makefile syntax, assumptions
about file extensions, or any directory scanning. Just

	camldep -pp camlp4_things filename.ml

prints:

	List
	Hashtbl

for example.

* Re: [Caml-list] cut down camldep
@ 2007-09-28 16:03 ` Luc Maranget
From: Luc Maranget @ 2007-09-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: skaller; +Cc: caml-list

Perhaps 'ocamldep -modules' is what you need.

--Luc

@ 2007-09-28 17:20   ` skaller
From: skaller @ 2007-09-28 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luc Maranget; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 18:03 +0200, Luc Maranget wrote:
> Perhaps 'ocamldep -modules' is what you need.

Yes indeed, just what I'm looking for, thanks!
It is documented in 'usage' but not the official
manual nor the man pages. Filed a bug report:

http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4408