* Camlp4 as a universal pre-processor ?
@ 2007-10-23  5:54 David Teller
From: David Teller @ 2007-10-23  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

    Hello list,
 I'm currently playing with camlp4 3.10. I've succeeded in making a
syntax extension to help me generate annotated trees, which is a good
start.

 Now, I understand that, by invoking ocpp, camlp4 may be used as a
pre-processor for non-OCaml language, which sounds interesting, for I
have need of pre-processing some parser generator input (at the moment,
menhir, but there are good chances I'll switch to Dypgen to get around
some limitations) to maintain consistency between the implementation and
the specifications. There are very good chances that I could do that
with cpp, as it's essentially trivial pre-processing, but I'd rather use
camlp4, if only to learn more about it.

 So, my question is: how do I write a pre-processor that doesn't depend
on the syntax of OCaml ? I'm hoping I can get away with one or two
quotations and one anti-quotation, but I have no clue how to register
these without adding dependencies to either OCaml's Original or Revised
syntax. Does anyone have any examples handy ?

Thanks,
 David

--
Security of Distributed Systems -----------------------