* Reloaded syntax documentation?
@ 2007-11-05 23:22 Jan Rehders
From: Jan Rehders @ 2007-11-05 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

> As for original vs. revised syntax, I'm partial to the original
> syntax, but only because that's how I learned.  The error messages it
> produces are problematic, however.  I do like the "reloaded" syntax
> included with 3.10 that is basically original syntax with "end" after
> various constructs.

this inspired me to dig a bit in $install_path/lib/camlp4. Several
file names sound pretty interesting (mostly the reloaded syntax but
also stuff with sexy names like CamlP4ExceptionTracer, CamlP4Profiler
etc.). I had a look in the manual and the camlp4 wiki at [1] but
could not found too much documentation about them. Neither could I
figure out how to convert a regular syntax file into reloaded syntax
using camlp4, there appears to be no printer for it.

So am I stuck to dig into the sources? Is there any documentation
available for the reloaded syntax and the other stuff in the camlp4
directory?

greetings,
Jan

* Re: [Caml-list] Reloaded syntax documentation?
@ 2007-11-06 10:27 ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-11-06 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Rehders; +Cc: caml-list

Excerpts from Jan Rehders's message of Tue Nov 06 00:22:54 +0100 2007:
> Hi,
>
> > As for original vs. revised syntax, I'm partial to the original
> > syntax, but only because that's how I learned.  The error messages it
> > produces are problematic, however.  I do like the "reloaded" syntax
> > included with 3.10 that is basically original syntax with "end" after
> > various constructs.
>
> this inspired me to dig a bit in $install_path/lib/camlp4. Several
> file names sound pretty interesting (mostly the reloaded syntax but
> also stuff with sexy names like CamlP4ExceptionTracer, CamlP4Profiler
> etc.). I had a look in the manual and the camlp4 wiki at [1] but
> could not found too much documentation about them. Neither could I
> figure out how to convert a regular syntax file into reloaded syntax
> using camlp4, there appears to be no printer for it.
>
> So am I stuck to dig into the sources?

In the mean time yes.

> Is there any documentation
> available for the reloaded syntax and the other stuff in the camlp4
> directory?

As always, any help on the wiki is appreciated :)
--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai